Dead Air unveiled their new Sierra-5 5.56 silencer at NRAAM 2022. The new Sierra-5 comes from the factory with either a Xeno or Key-Mo mount. I had a chance to get a first look at the Dead Air Sierra-5 and go over the details with the company’s owner Mike Pappas.
Dead Air Silencers @ TFB:
[NRAAM 2022] Dead Air Sierra-5 5.56 Silencer
Dead Air’s long-awaited 5.56 can is finally here under the name Sierra-5. Both models of the Sierra-5 have flash hider front caps and integrated Key-Mo or Xeno mounts. Each of the mounts will come with a corresponding muzzle device so you have everything you need to mount and shoot right out of the box.
In addition, both the mounts can be removed from the end of the silencer. Removal of the mounts allows access to the 1.375-28″ HUB socket if you prefer a direct thread option.
The Sierra-5 has an outside diameter of 1.55″ and an overall length of 5.72 inches (with Xeno) or 6.27 inches (with Key-Mo). The profile has been optimized for the best possible sound reduction on a 5.56 rifle.
To put this all in perspective, the new Dead Air Sierra-5 with Xeno mount has the same overall length as the Sandman-K. This new compact offering aims to round out the Dead Air lineup in a compact new package. The Sierra-5 is available now with an MSRP of $859 with Xeno mount, and $929 with Key-Mo mount.
- CALIBER RATING: 5.56 NATO, 224 Valkyrie
- ENERGY RATING: 2200+ ft-lbs
- BORE DIAMETER: 5.56mm
- LENGTH (NO ADAPTER): 4.87 inches
- LENGTH: (W/XENO) 5.72 inches, (W/KEYMO) 6.27 inches
- DIAMETER: 1.5 inches
- WEIGHT: (NO ADAPTER) 10.8 ounces
- WEIGHT: (W/XENO) 13.3 ounces, (W/KEYMO) 15.4 ounces
- MATERIALSStellite® baffles, 17-4 PH stainless steel
- FINISH: Black Cerakote®
- USAGE: Ideal for heavy firing schedules
- MSRP: $859 (XENO), $929 (KEYMO)
- BARREL RESTRICTIONS: None
- FULL AUTO RATED: Yes
- PART NUMBER: SIERRA5XM, SIERRA5KM