Lionheart Industries is introducing the Vulcan 9 pistol chambered in 9mm. You may recognize it, you may recognize parts of it, and I think you’ll be surprised by it.
Its ancestry originates in Korea with Daewoo Precision Industries’ K5 (which is still used by their military). The Vulcan also has an older brother in the Regulus pistol made in Washington. Lionheart, of Georgia, now owns the company (and continues to service Regulus customers).
You’ll see a lot of recognizable features from other guns. There’s some Beretta in there, mixed with some Luger P38, a little Sig P226, and even some Smith & Wesson 5906 thrown in.
One thing that is totally unique to the Vulcan, however, is the Double-Action Plus trigger. It works as a double-action and single-action.
But after cocking the hammer, you can push the hammer back up, as if it’s decocked; this will allow the trigger to have a very light double-action pull that is surprising. It could be a significantly better way to do double action.
Other features come standard on this gun that you’d pay to upgrade on other pistols. It comes with an optics cutout that fits both shield and Trijicon styles.
The front and rear sights are compatible with any made for the P365. Safety features include ambidextrous safety levers and a trigger disconnect when the magazine isn’t seated.
The stippled grips and textured front and back straps ensure a good grip. A Picatinny rail under the barrel is standard, but the threaded barrel and J-shaped trigger are optional.
A standout feature is the thumb rest on the left side of the frame. Right-handed shooters can use this to apply downward pressure on the frame and reduce muzzle flip, keeping on target better between shots. It’s coming for left-handed shooters on future models.
Lionheart Industries’ Vulcan 9 comes in a few different configurations and will be available this Spring. the price starts at $1,200.
- CALIBER: 9mm
- MATERIAL: 7075 ALUMINUM FRAME – 4140 ALLOY STEEL SLIDE – 416R STAINLESS STEEL BARREL
- SIGHTS: FIBER OPTIC OR TRITIUM NIGHT SIGHTS
- CONTROLS: DOUBLE ACTION+ TRIGGER, AMBIDEXTROUS SAFETY, REVERSIBLE MAG RELEASE
- TRIGGER: J-SHAPED or STANDARD HOOK
- GRIPS: CNC-MACHINED G10 MATERIAL WITH INTEGRAL THUMB REST
- HAMMER: BOBBED OR STANDARD SPUR
- BARREL: BLACK DLC COATED 416R STAINLESS OR BLACK NITRIDE 416R STAINLESS
- BARREL LENGTH: 3.7in STANDARD – 4.3in THREADED
- HEIGHT: 5.0in (15-RD BASEPLATE, NO SIGHTS)
- LENGTH: 6.9in STANDARD BARREL – 7.5in THREADED BARREL
- SLIDE WIDTH: 0.95in
- MAGAZINE: TWO 15-ROUND MAGS INCLUDED (ONE INCLUDES SIGHT TOOL), 10- AND 18-ROUND AVAILABLE SOON
- WEIGHT: 24oz (DEPENDING ON OPTIONS)
- MSRP: STARTING AT $1200